When your student is facing a school suspension, we will aggressively guard their rights. Repeated suspensions are often an easy solution used by school officials to punish a child. We work with the school and you to resolve the situation positively.
We will help you:
- Understand the manifestation process
- Advocate for positive alternatives, such as using behavior modification strategies or programs
- Understand your safeguards and how to use them
- Ensure your child receives alternative instruction during the period of suspension
- Advocate for appropriate evaluations
- Understand your child’s rights
- Advocate for appropriate behavior support services
- Provide assistance with mediation or due process
We do not recommend going to these proceedings alone. The consequences can be severe. Suspensions can be for months at a time. Students may even face expulsion depending on the severity of the situation. You need guidance to ensure your child’s rights are not violated.