We are dedicated to protecting and promoting every child’s right to a free and appropriate public education. We provide advocacy services, including representation at school meetings and discipline hearings.
Our advocacy services will help you:
- Understand your rights and your child’s rights
- Understand the IEP process and timelines
- Understand your safeguards and how to use them
- Determine the appropriate services and placements for your child
- Obtain appropriate expert evaluations if necessary
- Communicate effectively with your school team
- Connect with community based programs to support your child
- Connect with community providers with expertise your child may need
As part of our advocacy service, we will accompany you to the IEP meeting, Manifestation Hearing, 504 meeting or mediation meeting.
- Observe your child at school
- Help you understand the evaluations and data
- Help you advocate for independent evaluations if necessary
- Help you present your case to the team
- Take notes and record the meeting (except mediation).
- Help you with all the necessary written communication with the school.
- Submit a request for mediation services
- Generate and submit a request for an impartial hearing if needed.